The Steadward Centre for Personal & Physical Achievement actively supports inclusion and independence for children, youth and adults living with impairments. We do this through knowledge-sharing, research, education, and collaboration with local, national and international organizations. read more about us...
Community Exercise Transition Initiative
TSC offers training and consultation in adapted physical activity to facilities, individuals and organizations. Our goal is to encourage accessibility and inclusion for individuals living with impairment. If you are interested contact Community in Transition coordinator: Bobbi-Jo Atchison ph: 780-492-9389 .
read more about community transition…
Member and Program NEWS
Free2BMe Squash fundraiser! I'ts Maraj-a-thon time!
All day squash tournament: Play Dr. Maraj, or beat a TSC consultant!
- December 4, from 9 am to 5 pm at the Van Vliet Centre squash courts.
- $5 to play, OR sponsor a consultant or player, OR gather sponsorships and play yourself OR, just come out and cheer on participants, Dr. Maraj and TSC/Free2BMe consultants. Families and members are all welcome.
- All proceeds support Free2BMe !
Winter Volunteer opportunities are fast approaching! Find out more ...
Can-Am Paraswimming Championships, December 13-15, at the Kinsmen Sports Centre. Prelims at 9:30 am, finals at 4:30 pm. Don't miss it! Here's the poster.
Renovated parking lot is open!
- The DATS turn-around will open January 6, 2014 in this new location.
- The previous parallel parking stalls along the alley way towards the building are no longer parking stalls. This will be very important as we move forward with the DATS drop-off in this zone.
Adapted Fitness Programs for Adults
Winter Closure Schedule:
- December 13, 2013 - last day of programming
- December 16-20, 2013 Relocation of adult program equipment to rooms W-01 and W-07 Van Vliet Centre (interim location on first floor)
- January 6, 2014 Centre opens in new interim space!
- DATS drop-off at new location begins January 6, 2014 - West entrance Van Vliet Centre
Free2BME Winter program registration is now open! More about winter programs and registration information... .
Para Swim Development Program
Learn competitive swimming in a fun, safe environment. read more...
Construction at the TSC
Follow updates on construction while the Physical Activity Wellness and new Steadward Centre facilities are built. Read more...
The Steadward Centre is a registered society managed by a board of directors
comprised of directors from the community and the University of Alberta.
We are grateful for the support of our sponsors
December 02 2013
November 05 2013
Like many of us, Edmonton Police Services Detective Bryce Clarke has a few pounds to lose, and limited time in his day.
November 05 2013
The FES Community Exercise Program ran from 2011 to 2013, and has successfully transitioned (at time of writing) 28 participants to the Saville Centre. Wait times have been eliminated and participants in FES have a choice about how, when, and where they want to exercise.“It’s uplifting. You get a sense of pure joy,” said Detective Bryce Clarke about being able to see his legs working, even if he can’t feel them.